replacement carpets

bill dunham

We are looking for replacements for the foam-backed carpet sets in out 1995 Hymer B584 motorhome, but have been surprised to finf very few companies offering this service. One prominent supplier only offers "action-back" rather than foam back carpeting, but we are keen to have the latter due to their superior noise suppression.

Can anybody recommend a suitable supplier of a high quality product please?

Thanks

Guest Tracker

If sound insulation is important for you - as it is for us - may I suggest using a foam backed carpet underlay under the new carpet ?

Takes longer to fit obviously but insulates and soundproofs a lot better too - and feels luxuriously great underfoot in bare feet - well it does in our Autotrail anyway !?!?!

I think the reason that 'Foam Backed' carpet is no loger readily available is that the 'Foam' degrades into Powder in just a few years. I would think that a quality hessian backed carpet with Sound deadening felt bonded to it's back would be a better bet ? Lots of Online carpet suppliers will 'Cut to size' and 'Whip' the edges for you. Not sure about the cost though. Ray

bill dunham - 2011-08-19 5:55 PM

We are looking for replacements for the foam-backed carpet sets in out 1995 Hymer B584 motorhome, but have been surprised to finf very few companies offering this service. One prominent supplier only offers "action-back" rather than foam back carpeting, but we are keen to have the latter due to their superior noise suppression.

Thanks

Are you near a John Lewis store? If so go to their carpet department and ask if they have a local contractor that binds carpets. If they have and give you details you could take the old carpets as a template and the contractor could make to up new carpets from what ever they have in stock. If you live near MK I can put you in touch with a conpany.

David

Klyne - 2011-08-19 7:47 PM

Are you near a John Lewis store? If so go to their carpet department and ask if they have a local contractor that binds carpets. If they have and give you details you could take the old carpets as a template and the contractor could make to up new carpets from what ever they have in stock. If you live near MK I can put you in touch with a conpany. David

Can I have the name of the company please David, we are thinking of replacing ours and we are in Potton so not too far from MK.

Thanks

tugga - 2011-08-19 9:07 PM

Klyne - 2011-08-19 7:47 PM

Are you near a John Lewis store? If so go to their carpet department and ask if they have a local contractor that binds carpets. If they have and give you details you could take the old carpets as a template and the contractor could make to up new carpets from what ever they have in stock. If you live near MK I can put you in touch with a conpany. David

Can I have the name of the company please David, we are thinking of replacing ours and we are in Potton so not too far from MK.

Thanks

Bind a Rug

10 Darin Ct

Crownhill, Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire MK8 0AD

01908 561 300

When we recently had the bedroom carpet replaced we had them make up a couple of runners from the bits that were left. When we visited they had all sorts of carpets there. If you give them a ring they will give you some idea of cost. They don't take cards for payment, at least they didn't about a year ago. Crownhill is on the old A5 not far from CMK.

David

bill dunham - 2011-08-19 5:55 PM

Thanks

Hi Bill, we used this company when we replaced the carpets in our 2002 Knaus Traveller http://www.kustomsport.co.uk They kept our old carpets for templates and within a few days we called back to collect the new. They fitted perfectly and are of very good quality. They've lots of choice too and although we did not have foam backed ones I am certain (well almost?!) that they can provide these. Your profile does not say where you are based but the company is on the outskirts of Barnsley, South Yorkshire. Well worth a visit/phone call. Hazel

We simply bought some good quality Hessian backed carpet from a local carpet shop, cut the carpet using the original as a pattern and then had it edge bound at a local carpet outlet, what noise are you worried about in the Hymer, mine is very quiet ?

Archived