Ford Travelhome windows

kpm

Hi new to this site and was wondering if any one can help I have a 1988 Travelhome and have a problem with the windows above the cab in the sleeping area one has broken (hit an over hanging tree) the others I have now noticed are starting to crack and craze.

Does anyone know where i can get new ones have emailed a couple of places in Dorset but had no reply. I have considered taking them out and fiberglassing.

Hope someone can help.............

Ken

Guest pelmetman

Hi Ken,

Welcome to the forum, we have a Travelhome and I guess the best place is probably one of the ones you have emailed "Autovan services" Wimborne? I was told that they had the original moulds for the cab windows, it might be best to ring them as I have struggled in the past to get a reply:-S

As for a temporary repair have you considered window film, I have seen advertised in the past one specially for caravan windows. Alternatively if its just a hairline crack I have used "Captain Tolly's creeping crack cure" available from most boat chandlers;-)

Best of luck, nice to see someone on here with similar  good taste in classic campers:D   

Hi Ken and welcome to the forum,

There was a similar request from a new member about 12 months ago, you can read the thread here... Link.

The best answer seemed to be a company called EECO.

Unfortunately we never heard from him again so do not know if he got sorted or not.

Or try Googling 'Caravan windows' and see what comes up...

Keith.

Edit. Or a newer similar request Here with more suggestions.

Hi Keith

We used to have a Motorhome with similar windows and solved the problem by using the original windows as templates to cut new omes from perspex sheet bought from DIY store, New seals were also fitted and well sealed This was a fairly cheap and sucessful solution

:-D

Archived