Malvern

p0930

Is it just me or is Malvern different this year. I detect a lack of traders and there does not seem to be same buzz as previous years. Saturday entertainment was not what I have experienced in previous years and I think a lot of people agreed with me given the numbers who left the show early. I travelled 500 miles with great anticipation but have left disappointed. Anyone else feel the same?

Hi

I agree Malvern is not as Lively, this year AND several regulars/dealer seen to be missing too, I think Warners are "Skimping" on some stuff (a lack of Rubbish Bins is one). still it promises to be nice to-day. Weatherwise.

To some extent the Sat show was disapointing, However as a longtime follower of Sara Jory. (she was an 11 yr old girl when we first saw her play the pedal steel) when they "let her loose" in the final 20 min or so. you got a taste of what had been missing from the whole set.

pete

Hi

My husband and I came along to Malvern on Saturday to have a look as we are thinking of purchasing a motorhome, and as it's only about 20 miles from where we live thought it would be a nice day out. I was very surprised at how many motorhomes and campers were there and that was before we had even got into the main area. I didn't realise it was so popular!! As there is only the two of us and the grand daughter we don't want anything thats huge and have never driven anything this size before so am a little aprehensive.We were looking at something like the Autoquest 130 as its quite compact but can still sleep 5 and doesn't look too long.

Can anyone give me any advice or hints.

Hello everyone

We have been to every Malvern since it began and it just keeps getting better and better.

Yes we could have done with a few more bins but that may not be Warners fault.

Brownhills were missing but who cares.

Well done Warners and all the club marshalls for making it a great weekend once again.

Sadly our last show this year.

Can't wait for Peterbourgh.

Maybe it was costing Brownhills too much in Bacon Butties. We thought there was a lack of dealers and accessories this year but like everyone else they are cutting back and not travelling so far or attending so many shows. Talking to some of the western traders they said that a lot of people are there just for a cheap weekends camping and were not interested in the exhibition or the entertainment. As for the Saturday entertainment we stopped paying for the extra tickets as it is always rubbish and more geared to show bands rather than true country music.

The bands on Thursday and Sunday were brilliant, but you gotta pick the right hall.

Slightly OT..but driving back up the M5 from Exeter yesterday,we crossed several(5-6,maybe more)MHs,which were being driven(presumably by the dealers!?)with their large stickers still plastered over their screens(Show offer!..Only £39.999!..etc)..not very clever from a safety point of view.... :-S

This was the first time we have camped at one of the shows having attended as day visitors at Newbury before. We were pleasantly suprised at the organisation in place from arrival at 11:00am on Thursday, reception on to the MCC club area, the dog walking facility and everything else. Well done to all concerned. As regards being there just for a cheap campsite, we wouldn't normally spend anything like the amount we did over the weekend, temptation was at every corner and judging by the number of fellow campers returning laden with 'goodies' we weren't the only ones! The only hope now is that Shepton Mallet isn't a complete anti-climax

Hi all

This was our first visit to the Malvern show and I have to say we were amazed at how many campers were there. We didn,t realise it was so big. I thought there were a good number of trade stands there and whilst the dealers seemed thin on the ground there were enough to make it interesting. The entertainment we saw was decent enough without being earth-shattering but we did not pay the extra for Saturday night. We were very enthralled by the line dancing when we went with some friends who are very much into it. The whole weekend had a great buzz to it and I must mention the marshals who did a brilliant job with great efficiency and good humour. We will definately be returning next year.

Think that the reason Brownhills gave it a miss this year, is that they now have no dealerships south of Newark, having closed the Swindon branch just a couple of weeks ago, and Canterbury 18 months ago. I think it is only right that they are not selling Motorhomes into Area's that they cannot back-up with After sales service.

I bought my present Motorhome from Brownhills at Last years Malvern Show, i only found out about Swindon's closure when I tried to ring them, to book it in for it's Annual service, only to get a disconnected line !! Was pleased with them up till then. BUT no longer. :-S Ray

Archived