24 Hrs Hayling Island £10

mike 202

I have just seen signs for parking with a motorhome on Hayling Island at the Sea Front near the beach for £10, the charge applies for any time between 10 minutes to 24 hrs. There are public toilets available.

In some places there are beach huts between you and the beach.

Cars by the way are £1 for one hour, £2/2hrs,£3/3hrs .

Thought it may be of interest as an alternative to sky high campsite fees especially in the high season and for a stop over for getting ferries from Portsmouth.

Good cycling is available in the area and a small ferry " the hayling ferry" runs between Hayling Island and Portsmouth, Yes it takes cycles, and gives access to Portsmouth sea front within 1 mile of the ferry (Portsmouth side)

If there is s forum member who lives on the Island then more details may be available.

Mike

The overnight parking facility for motorhomes is at the West Beach Car Park and was set up by Havant Borough Council. Fresh water, toilet and waste water disposal are available. The cost reduces to £8/night out of season.

Andy

Just an addendum to this, I understand that you need a RADAR key to access the toilet waste disposal facility, apparently you can buy them at the TIC at Beachlands car park. Not much use if the TIC is closed, which I believe it is out of season...

Andy

Archived