Storage in Southern Spain

limerick

Hi all

We plan on travelling from Ireland through France and on to southern Spain in mid October and hope to stay for 7 to 8 weeks.I was wondering if I had to get back home urgently where would I leave my motorhome.Malaga airport would be the airport I could get a direct flight from so somewhere near Malaga would be best.Also if I wanted to leave it over the winter I am worried about flat battery,the tyres when the motorhome would'nt be moved for a few months also the cost of storing it.Would be grateful for any advice you could give me

regards

limerick

I would be more worried about the van being uninsured when left without you being present. I do not know of any companies that will let you leave it in another country if you return to the UK.

If anyone else on the forum knows of one, it would be useful to know at renewal.

Clive.

I think limerick said IF there was an emergency etc etc............ On that basis, whatever the insurance issue [if there was indeed one] it’s about calculated risk and need.

Yes, there are two fully secure i.e. locked gates, 24/7 attendents and dogs, parking sites very close to Malaga Airport.

Both store only caravans, motorhomes and trailers. Both are packed solid with many UK, German, French etc. who now see that storing in Spain, taking a cheap flight there and back makes for a cost effective holiday or short break. They also run to to and from the airport that is only a few km away.

Don't have details to hand but I expect google does.

I wish I had the land there and had thought of it!

Archived