double skillet

trickydicky

Hi TrickyDicky

I have invested in one and then promptly lost the instructions, as such it took me 2 hours to cook some lamp chops because I used the difuser - big mistake!! The chops were very nice though, they just melted in your mouth as they were so tender.

As the juices come out of the meat and you turn it over (every 10 minutes) the juices do escape and tend to make the cooker a bit messy but they are quite good. I haven't tried the toasted sandwich in it yet (where you do need the difuser).

Hi,

We are on our second double skillet - my wife would not be without it. A tip - if you store the skillet with the glass lid upside down in one of the pans, then put a cloth between the lid handle and the non-stick of the pan. If you don’t the handle will damage the surface over time – we learnt the hard way.

Cattwg :-D

Not as good as they sound-BETTER. We have been using ours home and away for over 2 years and rave about it. We had a slight problem when one half got slightly out of shape. We took it to Peterborough show where they replaced it without question and without charge, Brill!!

Bob

Hi trickydicky

We have three double skillets, two in the motor home one large, one small and a large one at home.

would not be without them. They will cook anything so do not worry, go and buy one. :-D :-D

We bought ours at this year's Northern Show.

An hour after buying it I used it to heat up a homemade lasagne.  Four hours later we made toasted cheese sandwiches in it (yum!); the next day, on our way home, I used it to cook up frozen battered fish, chips  and mushy peas.  (Not straightforward but manageable.)  Well worth the investment IMO.

Hi t5tripper,

with regard to using the diffuser with your skillet. I found out the hard way, you only use it when you are doinging something like Pizza, toasted sandwiches or baking a cake???

If you are cooking chops/chicken and roast potatoes you DO NOT use the diffuser or it will take hours.

It took me a while to get my head around it, but when you do they are brilliant.

Hope this helps

Archived