Drifter double bed

martyb

Hi and hello to you all.

I have recently upgraded purchased a Compass drifter 410. The problem being I can not quite workout how to turn the rear beds from two singles into a double, maybe having blonde moment?? please can you help.

Many thanks,

Marty

Hello and thankyou for getting back to me.....ok, which slats are they then? I am sorry if I sound really dumb here, but not sure if we have all the contents needed to build the double bed? We have the set of drawers in the centre of the two singles on either side,but there seems to be no way of "gapping" the centre between them. Please help!!

Thanks again.

Marty

The slats should pull out from underneath the chest of drawers. Can you peek underneath to check that they are there?

If not, it could be that supports slide out on legs from underneath each of the side seats, to meet in the middle.

As far as I know, it has to be one of the other. Good luck!

Ok, thankyou all very much for your help. We will go out and have a look first thing in the morning as we are off to Dartmoor for the weekend in the afternoon. At the moment it looks like me and the missus are sleeping on the two singles..... I am sure she will not be upset by that fact.....will let you know if we can find the elusive slats.

Thanks again

marty

Hi,

Well on our way down to Dartmoor we stopped at "Martins" at Exeter, there were very helpful, one of the guys came out and had alook also. It seems that somewhere along the line there has been some kind of mod carried out, the slats are no longer present. My only option seems to be for myself to make up a board to fit the gap, this should then slide back under the cusions when not in use.

Any other ideas more than welcome.

Thanks again

Marty

Hi Marty,

Sorry to hear about your lack of double bed, did the 'missus get a good nights sleep last weekend? :D

Anyway my reason for posting, did you buy privately or from a dealer?

Then if from a dealer was it advertised or sold as having a double bed, or did it say anywhere that it was only singles?

If a dealer sold it as having a double he would be committing an offence under the sale of goods act and you would be within your rights to either request your money back or that the 'goods' (in this case the MH) be modified to the advertised condition. ie he would be liable for the cost of re-instating the double bed slats and mattress and whatever else is required to make the double bed.

It may be worth talking to the Citizens Advice Bureau before approaching the dealer, assuming of course it was from a dealer.

HTH,

Keith.

Hi Keith,

No she did not sleep that well due to my snoring, and she had to reach over to the other side to poke me.

I am affraid the van was bought privately from a friend who was also told that the bed would turn into a double.

Thanks

marty

Archived