Nature Pure portable filter kit

Bee

You order it direct from here;

:http://www.purewateronline.co.uk/replacement-cartridges-691-0.html

The replacement cartridges aren't cheap,but only need changing once a year, My system is plumbed in, with the tap discharging into the kitchen sink, so much easier than bottled water or lugging a water carrier. Wouldn't be without ours (now). It was fitted in the van when we bought it. Ray

Bee:

As Ray says, Nature Pure products can be purchased via the General Ecology on-line store. The link is:

http://www.purewateronline.co.uk/

There are two 'portable' systems - "First Need XL" or "First Need Trav-L-Pure Portable" - and product details and prices are given on the purewateronline website.

The system that would normally be fitted to a motorhome would be a plumbed-in Naturepure Undersink Unit with Tap: Ref No: 420043. If you opted for a plumbed-in filtering system, you'd need to ensure that it was compatible with your motorhome's own water-system type.

(For alternative suppliers of Nature Pure products, GOOGLE search on "nature pure filter".)

Hello Bee,

I bought the First Need portable kit 4 years ago and have used it very frequently, especially when overseas. I use it to purify water from the van's onboard tanks and fill 3,1L aluminium Zig water bottles which I then keep in the Fridge to use as drinking water and for washing food which will not be cooked. It is a bit fiddly but with practice I found it is quick enough. It has been very effective at removing any trace of taint and I assume the manufacturer's claims about bugs are fair as we have never had any sickness even when the on board tanks have been in 40 degrees plus temperatures and fresh water sources unavailable for several days. In the UK 'though, unless I am suspicious of a site's fresh water I just fill the Zigs from the potable tap.

It is small enough to pack for air travel if you are able to sever your attachment to your motorhome and enjoy the masochistic experience offered by UK airports as a route to the sun.

The kit I have includes a phial of food dye, used to test the efficacy of the filter The instructions also show how to reverse-flush the unit to extend filter life, which makes it more cost-effective.

I would not be without it on board my van.

Bob

Archived