Sex in a motorhome?

cheetahdavie

Hope that got your attention?

Going to Australia for 6 weeks plus..leaving motor home on hard standing [drive]

Batteries [both] will not last.. so do I remove?

I have no way of leaving batteries on charge...my.garage has no power supply and is 100 yards from house.

Do storage companies charge batteries? look after motor-homes???

No battery no alarm..insurance co would be worried?

When you get to 78 things that were simple become amazingly complicated.[ as is sex.. relegated to 5 days per week?]

Any advice on storage for several weeks would be greatly appreciated

If you are worried about batteries going flat then just disconnect them after charging fully. They will be fine for 6 weeks but do be aware the alarm will not operate. On vehicles with ONLY electric locking then you could have a problem in so much you will have to work out how to lock and unlock the vehicle.

My solar panels charge the hab. battery then change over to keep the vehicle battery charged by "trickle" charging it. I have an alarm on and the battery will stand forever and stay charged. (I don't do that, of course, I take it for a good run every now and then).

H

My Motorhome is in storeage and left for up to 6 weeks between runs over the winter and I have an 85Watt solar panel fitted, plus a battery master to ensure that hte engine battery receives a trickle charge.

However if you do not want the expense of having a permanently fitted panel, then as has been suggested above use a freestanding/mobile type of solar panel. If that is your choice then disconnect the habitation battery, and connect the solar panel direct to the engine battery.This wii negate the need for the Battery Master unit. On some vehicles the cigarette lighter socket is permanently live and provides an easy connection point.

Enjoy your holiday and don't get caught having " sex on the beach" unless it is the well known Cocktail drink.

Mike

Do not really see a problem here, I often leave ours for longer than this. The engine battery, if good, should easily be able to cope so alarm/immobilser will still be in operation. The leisure battery will lose its charge if left on so I simply pull the main battery fuse out.

Got mine, (attention that is) and the answers is yes *-)

That said, it might pay to post what chassis / engine base and how old your batteries are.

Some of the older old 2.8J Fiats took about a week to flatten a battery. The ECU seemed to have more electrical leaks than a sieve.. That said our newer X250 seems quite well behaved in comparison.

Mercs and Fords, I have no idea, but others will.

Rgds

When working abroad I used to have to leave my car at home for sometimes 6 months on end. I disconnected the battery after waiting about 5 minutes for the computer to shut down. The vehicle driver's door could still be locked using the key after ensuring all the other doors were locked. Yes, the alarm did not work but that may not be such a bad thing as if it goes off while you are away you may not be popular with your neighbours. Although a drastic step you could also assist the safety of the vehicle by removing a wheel. Otherwise follow some of the suggestions given above.

Many thanks to those who offered advice..

My battery is usually flat within a couple of days..even with all the fuses removed [testing!] {Peugeot Compass Rambler 130{Eldis?}]By flat I mean reading 10.5V and less.

I guess its either Keys to a neighbour..who would probably be p*****d off after a few attempts at recharging,or..

Best put the `van` up for sale..or part exchange..dealers usually take ages to supply ..??? could be back before replacement is ready..??..

57 reg vehicle for sale at rock bottom price

Archived