Retail therapy around Caen.

Caroline

Yippee! were off on our travels again, this time landing at Caen, as usual want to fill the van with native produce and goodies.

Our first night will be at Le Chateau Martragny

Can you recommend a Hyper/Supermarket between Ouisterham and Martragny.

Thanks (lol)

Not sure about local produce, but as you come out of Oustreham on your right hand side you will see a Super U, or equivalent. There is a beer/wine shop just before. Easy access and if you want to punish yourself a MacDonalds.

Aires overlooks ferry terminal if you want to stay the night before your departure, now €8, assuming you are returning same way

Enjoy your holiday.

This is a link to Calvados supermarket information

http://www.votremarche.com/calvados/

You might try the CORA outlet at Rots, as that's not far from the route you may be taking from Caen. I've not been to that supermarket, but I understand it's large and has an aire de services camping-car, so parking should be easy for a motorhome, which (if my on-a-busy-day never-again experience is representative) may not be the case at the Ouistreham Champion outlet on the road to Caen.

CORA (Rots) info on:

http://www.cora.fr/caen/divers/contact.html

Apparently there's a SHOPI supermarket at Rue Pasteur, Riva Bella, 14150. Ouistreham not far west of the ferry-port, but I haven't been there myself.

HI Caroline

You cannot go wrong in the area and the Cora at Rots is one of my wife's favourites.

If my memory serves me correctly it was easily seen on your right hand side along the N13.accessed by a roundabout.

There are many more good Hypermarches in Bayeux so you are well placed.

Chateau Martragny is a nice site, we spent two weeks there when we had the caravan and would recommend the area just for the "D day" beaches alone.

Have a good time I wish we were going too!

G & L

Archived