English owned campsie in France

hymer1942

A genuine english owned site on the dordogne is at Ste Foy La Grande called Camping La Riviere Fleurie, the people who own it are from Clitheroe in Lancashire and the facilities including the swimming pool are spotless. We have been there and enjoyed the stay.

hymer1942 - 2011-09-01 8:21 AM

Thanks to all for your help. Nothing wrong with a french owned campsite I am on one at the moment. But much easier to do a deal to bring a rally with an english man. Barrie

The camping Futur site mentioned above has a rally field and even room for a rally on the main part of the site.

Guest JudgeMental
vindiboy - 2011-09-04 10:09 PM

hymer1942 - 2011-09-01 3:48 PM

Sorry Eddie Hymers only, Thanks Mike for the one near Poitiers will have a look on the way up. Barrie

I HATE one Marque Rallies / meets, and I have a Hymer.

Indeed...........Hymer owners tend to be a bit like Merc owners dont you think? Convinced they are driving something superior.......When the reality is quite different! lol In the large home market (Germany) they come about 10th in the tables for quality etc.....

Clever marketing by Hymer UK me thinks. :-D

JudgeMental - 2011-09-05 9:14 AM

Indeed...........Hymer owners tend to be a bit like Merc owners dont you think? Convinced they are driving something superior.......When the reality is quite different! lol In the large home market (Germany) they come about 10th in the tables for quality etc.....

:-D

Eddie - Wait until you come up against the snobbery of the anti - panel van brigade. I'm not kidding. There are a few who have expressed sorrow for me being cramped up for the winter in that and one woman told me that people only bought panel vans because they couldn't afford anything else.

Be very careful if you are setting up a rally as an individual. In effect you are setting up a travel company.

You should be aware of your responsibilities to the group in all matters regarding Health and Safety at any site which is booked directly by you the organiser. If it is being done under the umbrella of the Hymer Club they may have insurance to cover any problems.

From experience running a number of rallies abroad I suggest that you let all members book their own crossing. Some will want to travel at a different time both in and out.

Insist that all participants have adequate travel and breakdown insurance.

Mike88 - 2011-09-05 10:01 AM

JudgeMental - 2011-09-05 9:14 AM

:-D

Eddie - Wait until you come up against the snobbery of the anti - panel van brigade. I'm not kidding. There are a few who have expressed sorrow for me being cramped up for the winter in that and one woman told me that people only bought panel vans because they couldn't afford anything else.

On our recent trip to Portugal we had the pleasure of camping wild with the Hippie Brigade, this is NOT a derogatory description merely our personal recognition term for the home made vans that people choose to use. we had a fantastic time and made lots of friends amongst the occupants ,we had beach parties, not wild affairs but cooked fresh fish from the sea on open fires ,and sat around drinking wine and chatting about all and everything, some of the nicest people you will ever meet, at the end of the day we are all doing the same thing, and what vehicle you choose to do it in matters not.

Archived