English owned campsie in France

hymer1942

On a serious note, yes Mercs are very good but don't knock Fiat, I use to own a 3ltr and the engine was the bees knees, it is very well engineered,also the ride of the latest x250 is spot on. My x250 is so comfortable and easy to drive plus it's very quiet. Fiat are going from strength to strength

Hi Barrie, there's more to a motorhome than just a clutch. A friend of mine had a new clutch fitted on the earlier model, Ithink it has lasted 12000 miles and he said it was slipping again. He has since parted with it and bought another Fiat. Dont get me wrong I know how good Mercs are I have owned them in the past but the road holding and ride comfort of the X250 is very good. My Mercs did a lot of rolling about but you drive accordingly. Anyway Stuart has bought a new Hymer on a Fiat so they must be OK.

Guest pelmetman
JudgeMental - 2011-09-05 9:14 AM In the large home market (Germany) they come about 10th in the tables for quality etc.....Clever marketing by Hymer UK me thinks. :-D

So who do they rate as top then Eddie?:D

w1ntersun - 2011-09-13 6:01 PM

Hi, We are in La Rochelle at the moment but we were at camping la futur AVANTON last week. I found out that Brian the owner has sold it and will not be there next season

Richard

Blimey! Stayed there twice this year as its a good place to break a journey. The last time in July neither he nor his wife said that the place was for sale and were in fact saying what a good life they have by operating the site for 6 months of the year and then spending the winter in their campervan in the south of Spain and Portugal.

I wonder if its been sold for housing as a few properties are being built in the area.

Archived