Reversing camera for Adria S 670 SL

nicolasblackhurst

Hi,

The reversing camera fitted by the dealer when I bought my Coral S 670 SL has packed up and I have been told that although fitted at time of purchase as an Adria extra it is not covered by warranty. I have found a replacement on the net but am not sure if it will work ok with the wiring fited by Adria and the monitor that I have fitted. Unfortunately I don't know the details of the monitor.

The details of the camera which I have found are as follows, does anybody know if this camera will be ok, please? It can be found at http://shop.reversingcamerasuk.com/epages/es106294.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/es106294_shop/Products/%22CAM4103%2061%20150%22

Regards,

Nick

Veise CCD reversing camera

Specifications

Image Pick-up Device : 1/3" SHARP COLOR CCD

Horizontal Resolution: 420TV Lines

Number of Pixels : PAL:500(H)×582(V) )

Scanning System : PAL:625 Lines 50 Field/sec

Sync System: Internal Synchronization

Gamma Characterlstic : 0.45

S/N Ratio : =48dB(AGC Off)

Electronic Shutter Time : On PAL 1/50~1/100,000Sec; Off: PAL 1/50 Sec

Usable Illumination : 0 lux with built-in IR LED

IR project distance : 15-18 meters(18 Unit Infrared LED)

IR Status : Under 10 Lux by CDS IR Power On : CDS Auto Control

Lens : Board Lens 3.6mm/F2.0(optional)

Video Output : 1.0Vp-p 75 ohm

Gain Control(AGC) : Auto

Cable : 4 pin connector

Water resistance : IP68

Operation Temperature : -10?~+50? RH95%

Max Storage Temperature : -20?~+60? RH95%

Max Power Supply : DC12V±10% 600mA

Dimension : 75(W)X45(D)X75(H)mm

Weight : 300g

Whether the replacement camera will work depends on the 4-pin connector wiring. Unfortunately there is no standard pin-out for these connectors.

A good starting point would be to look at the current connector on your vehicle. Do you have an Adria manual that tells you the wiring configuration? The only pin you can easily test is the 12 Volt supply. This should be easily detectable with a multimeter.

Cheaper cameras here:

http://www.2seetv.co.uk/acatalog/Vehicle_Cameras_and_Monitors.html

We have some very small cameras arriving later this week. Check out the website.

First, who says the factory fit camera is not covered by warranty? Is it actually excluded by the warranty?

Second, I assume the warranty is still in force. Is it a one, two, or three, year warranty?

Third, the liability to replace the camera, if it has failed prematurely, whether covered by warranty or not, lies with the supplying dealer. Why is he not sourcing, and installing, the new one?

Fourth, given the van came with a reversing camera, why did you have to provide a monitor? A reversing camera without a monitor is not a reversing camera, it is an ornament of dubious value. If the van is sold as having a reversing camera, it seems to me the monitor should have been installed by the supplying dealer.

Finally, to be sure of compatibility, why not source an identical replacement camera from Adria?

Hi Brian,

1. Adria say because it was fitted by the dealer it isn't covered by the warranty even though it is listed as an extra in their catalogue and I asked for it at time of purchase. I don't agree with them, but Chelston's say they have had this argument with Adria many times.

2. and 3. We took delivery of the van 3 years ago next Jan. from the original dealer (not Chelston's.) They already owe me £60 for a previous problem which they said they would pay for but didn't. I understand they are playing ducks and drakes about who now owns the company and are not paying previous debts. I don't know what make of camera I have or what the length of warranty is.

4. Perhaps I worded things badly the system did come with the monitor.

5. As above I don't know what camera was fitted and Adria say it is down to the dealer as it isn't under warranty.

Nick

Guest JudgeMental

Both Adria nad dealer are giving you the run a round!

Forget about Adria! Your contract is with supplying dealer? who you gave your money to? under the sales of goods act 1979 you have the right foe the goods to be "fit for purpose" and of "merchantable quality" Your camera clearly isn't.

many standard letter on the net, here is one (BBC) you just fill in your details. Good luck! and let us know what happens. contact trading standards as well, as they will open a file.....

Your name

First line of address

Second line of address

Third line of address

Fourth line of address

Contact telephone number

Owner/Manager’s name

First line of company address

Second line of company address

Third line of company address

Fourth line of company address

Today’s date

Dear Sir/Madam,

RE: Faulty goods and the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended)

On [date of purchase] I bought a [description of purchase] from you for [insert price] which has stopped working.

The problem is [enter description of fault].

The Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended) states that when a consumer buys goods from a trader they must be: as described; of a satisfactory quality; and fit for any purpose made known at the time of sale to the seller.

This legislation also states that the seller, not the manufacturer, is legally obliged to sort out a problem if the goods do not meet these requirements.

The law also says I have six years from the date of purchase to claim damages for faulty goods.

My goods are not [delete as appropriate - as described/fit for purpose/of satisfactory quality] and I wish to claim a [delete as appropriate - repair/replacement/refund] of my goods under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 as amended.

Please respond to my complaint within 7 days from receipt of this letter.

Yours faithfully,

[your name]

Archived