Satellite Viewing Cards

chaos

Hi, I'm looking into getting a digital satellite system for my van, I know you need a viewing card to watch Channel 4 and five on sky. Can I use my viewing card (full subscription: movies/sports etc) from my house system, or is this card locked to the house box, and therefore I would need a freesat card for the van's system. Not bothered about the premium stuff when on hol. In other words can I take my card from the house to the van and not damage either box. Hope that makes sense! Thanks

I have a card that I bought over 2 years ago for £22.50.I get quite a few programs on Sky although many are selling items.I always take the Sky box with the card in it when I go away in the motor.I do get all the range of BBC & ITV plus others.I'm told by Sky not to take the card out otherwise it wont reconnect again when put back in & I'll have to purchase another & go through the procedure of reconnecting again so my advice would be to take the box with the card in each time you go away .Aparently the co I bought the card off no longer exists hence the reason for having to be reconnected & buying a new card.Just a matter of unscrewing the coax & scart lead in the motor & at home.Dont forget to take the remote control!!!!!! :$ ;-)

Archived