Swift/Ace/Besse/Autotrail habitation door handle

Airstream

Hi,

Has anyone out there had the interior door handle fail and what did the manufacturer do about it? I am thinking of Hartel doors with the chrome dual handle ie open/lock fitted since circa 2007 on to Autotrail models and as a replacement door to Swift products where the original door failed and was replaced under warranty

Regards Ray

Mine (autotrail) failed in first 18 months - i phoned Autotrail who supplied under warranty ( on promise i would send old one back - which i did) & Brownhills from whom i purchased m/home replaced under warranty - it was quicked for me to get a replacement than Brownhills.

Subsequently it recently became still again and had to have lubricated - now works fine.

Peter

Mine failed after about 15 months (AT Cheyenne) replaced under warranty by Discover, but still fairly stiff. Broke again just out of warranty, relacement obtained from AT (about £75 I seem to recollect) fitted it myself , need to remove door inner panel to do this so I properly lubricated the door latches (top & bottom) as well. Now works very smoothly.

Mike P

My Autotrail Tracker internal door catch broke within 6 months of ownership. I was told by an Autotrail fitter that the doors come in without the mechanism being greased. When mine had been repaired it was silk smooth to use and never gave a moments trouble. You would have thought that Autotrail would have greased them up on the production line. I now have a new Apache with a different type of door that seems much better and seals all round the frame.

Guest pelmetman
Had to replace mine this year*-)..........21 years old and £24 to replace8-)............they just don't make stuff to last nowdays:D

Guest pelmetman
armstrongpiper - 2011-09-05 11:58 AMHow lucky Pelmetman is - just fancy owning or working in a Laboratory that deals with chocolate.!!Neil B

I don't fancy trying any of the chocolate colour samples Troy produces8-)

Archived