Bentley the new Autocruise ?

Rayjsj

After reading the test (in Sept. MMM) on the new Bentley Cerise coachbuilt I am struck with how similar it is to the old Autocruise CH Vista model, which Swift dropped as soon as they took over, along with All Pioneer models , AND any dealings direct with Customers. (differant detailing/Upholstery, after sales 'factory' backup) which in the present Sales climate I think was a big mistake. You should NEVER consider yourself 'Too Big' to listen to, and oblige your 'Todays' Customers, as, if you satisfy them, they become 'Tomorrows' customers as well.

Well, now Swift have dropped ALL Autocruise coachbuilts , and the article in MMM talks about possible 'management buyouts' within Swift ??? as a potential Customer , I say 'Who gives a Sxit' !! about their Business shenanigins ! it's the products that count, NOT who or is not the present CEO.

And narrowing choice is NOT an 'customer friendly' action.

SO, what about Bentley ? they appear to be picking up where Autocruise CH left off, listening to customers,changing minor details on ordered vehicles, 'Going the extra mile' if a customer gets a problem, Doing repair work 'In House' to keep customers happy. Most of what the 'Old' Autocruise were famous (and loved) for. More power to their Elbow !! hope that this time around Finances are well 'Under control' as well. The small Autocruise CH coachbuilts were VERY popular, especially with folk for whom a PVC was not a 'viable proposition'. ;-) Ray

Well, Bentley certainly seem to be going about business the right way, if reports are correct.

They appear to be making (or at least supplying for test *-) ) well-built motorhomes, with customer options, as Ray mentions.

I don't know what forced them to have to sell-out to Swift, but hope they get it right ths time.

As for Swift, my opinion of them has obviously been tarnished from reading reports on here and in the press about how they do (or maybe don't :-( ) deal with customers.

The article about them in this month's MMM is all about them getting aggressive with the market.

This may not have been a headline they would have chosen themselves, but seems to be appropriate, given there recent stance.

Personally, I think they should concentrate on providing a quality product, which from my limited experience in Motorhoming, is what Autocruise, and now Bentley appear to represent.

Each time I've viewed new Swift models, there are always bits hanging off or broken.

I've not read about any management buyouts within Swift, but surely the current management are making the decisions which don't appear to make themselves all that popular with the public.

So, don't see what benefits there would be from that.

No doubt someone will explain. :-S

If there are going to be fewer new 'vans on the market, as reported in MMM, then it will be the quality ones that people will be after and the best advert for 'vans such as these are from recommendations from satisfied owners. Aggressive marketing doesn't have to mean battering the opposition into submission.

Swift may or not give good customer service. I have no recent experience. However, they are still in business; Autocruise are not. Swift must get something right. I suspect they build models that meet customers needs or they have an outstanding sales & marketing team.

I wish Bentley Motorhomes well and I wish Swift well in difficult trading conditions.

Guest pelmetman

It's not that surprising as a new company is often run by the owner;-)

Once they start having a large turnover then big business gets interested*-).........and then its all down hill once the accountants get involved(lol)

Brock - 2011-09-03 6:21 PM

Swift may or not give good customer service. I have no recent experience. However, they are still in business; Autocruise are not. Swift must get something right. I suspect they build models that meet customers needs or they have an outstanding sales & marketing team.

I wish Bentley Motorhomes well and I wish Swift well in difficult trading conditions.

I think that the reason Autocruise CH 'went under' was that they chose to build and occupy a new factory just as the Credit Crunch hit, just a guess of course, they were certainly 'well thought of' by their customers.

We are heading (again !) into very stormy waters as far as large purchases are concerned. Will 'Pile them (not so) High, sell them cheap or Good customer service, well built (but expensive), win Customers Hearts ?? Only time will tell. I only know what I will choose. Ray

Archived