Toyota iQ

marcob

No personal experience, but the Telegraph Motoring review a while ago reckoned it was WAY overpriced, and would have crap residuals as a result.

They do however rave about the new Kia Picanto - with it's astonishing SEVEN year warranty:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/columnists/neil-lyndon/8719661/Kias-Picanto-is-a-small-hit.html

Might be worth putting in the "possibles" pot if you've not already bought a tow-car?

My lady has an i.q and its a clever design. the beauty is that it is a full width ,like a large car but very short for ease of parking.so loads of shoulder room.room for four or two and stuff.expensive? yes,but toyotas are high end japs,and i got 60mpg on a run.her choice, her money,me ? susuki swift,dont want a car made by a bloke who had spaniel for lunch! bit wide to tow too (the i.q) :-)

I have just purchased a Toyota iQ3 for my wife to use at home and to trail with my mhome; B James make a trailer for the iQ (150-1010) and , to me, it appears the best of the bunch but it's not cheap! I think the A Frame is a non strarter due to imminent legislation.

The iQ replaced a 4x4: it's "cutting-edge" tech; extremely well put together ; excellent weight for trailing and most economical. It's relatively expensive but then you(still) get what you pay for. Unfortunately I didn't read the critical comments in the Telegraph but I have read many reports which highly recommend the iQ. My experience in purchasing the iQ was that it was difficult to get a pre-owned one and if you did they weren't cheap. To date the car's performance and build quality still impress.

The one issue I have is: to fit a "mover" to the tailer or not? I have been quoted £860 + ( battery, fitting etc) . BTW James trailers do not fit them.

May I please "tap" the minds of those mhomers who have "been there and done it" with regards to fitting the mover?

Tyou.

:-S

We have owned out iQ2 for over two years, some people complain that it is full width but in our view this is it's beauty. It is a quality car, well put together, stacks of high tech - costs more than other small cars, but you get more. In addition while we were between vans last November we toured round France, with our Flat Coat Retriever, you can get a lot in a small car.

Archived