Emptying of permanent toilet

VicharK

Hi,

I have just bought a Hymer S700 in Germany which came equipped with a fixed/permanent/marine toilet like the Thetford Aqau Magic. Great, I thought until I noticed that Britain doesn't have the same kind of network of dump stations that Germany does, nor have I ever seen one like they brilliantly offer on French motorway service stations. Nor did the camp site in Scotland where we spent the last winter have a suitable dump point come to think of it. Mmmmh. Can someone tell me where they empty their tanks. And if someone knew a place in Perthshire that would be just brilliant. (Where do coaches go?)

Hi. I have just spoken to a friend of mine that has a similar hose emptying system, he tells me he has no trouble emptying it. He says, some club sites have a specfic hose point, or lift up flaps, as with aires, if not they will lift a manhole cover for you, but you do have ask for it.

Brian B.

PS When at home he empties in a sewer manhole, he has his own lifting key.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

thank you very much for the reply, especially the bit about the sewer manhole cover. We already considered fitting a cassette toilet instead when noone we asked seemed to have an answer, not even at the large caravan dealer where we asked and I hope the answer "cattle grid", which we got from a local coach driver, was meant to be a joke! I'd hate to lose the surrent set-up though which is actually rather convenient and will keep a look-out for a suitable manhole.

Vichar

Just do what Tracker does and pull up next to some bushes in a layby. :D

Seriously though, you could always fit a manual bilge pump as I've got on my boat holding tank. Then you could pump it into a container and empty it in the usual place whilst on site.

Archived