Portable Air Conditioners

enodreven

Hi, we have used our home portable Air Conditioner before and found it very good, but we have been thinking of buying another for use totally in the MH has anyone compared the prices of these in France etc with the UK, as we don't know whether to wait until we are over there or buy another one here before we go any help would be appreciated Brian

Hi, Naittaw Its a WA 10000 purchased from B&Q 2 years ago its got a 10000 BTU cooling capacity and consumes less that 930watt or less than 4 amps which i have checked and the figures are well within the normal hook-up capabilities on CC sites etc. The cooling is very very good if its left on full it gets too cold ? obviously depending on the outside temp, it is 30kg in weight so you don't want to have to lift it about to much, albeit it is on wheels so you can move the position very easy, you do need to put the 4in diameter hose through a window to dispel the hot air ?. We will take it with us again, the reason i am asking the question above is that if they are cheaper or reasonably priced in France/Spain, then we have been thinking of buying one specifcally for the MH Hope that helps hope that helps ?

NeverDone, The quick way to find out the French prices is to use the Internet. Check the sites of any of the major French d-i-y chains, such as Leroy Merlin and they should just be coming into stock. But, since the Euro came in, French prices have mushroomed and are no longer automatically cheaper than the UK. Spain is still better as it hasn't yet fully succumbed to the French-style employment and social security laws.

Archived