AutoTrail moving forward

rolandrat

Well all credit to the team at AutoTrail with some positive action. I've just had a close look at my Apache 634 and it's fitted with the new type steel framed windows. Overall the build quality has improved no end and seems to be going from stregth to strength. A mark of good workmanship and quality is the lack of sealer needed on joints. I think Autotrails Halo is well and truly returning to where it should be.

We have a new apache 632 and would eco your sentiments. We took all of this into consideration before buying it. They do seem to have gone to great lengths to design out any previous problems. Then only thing that is rubbish is the entertainment system which I believe they have addressed in the 1012 models.

The last time we bought a new motorhome we were less than impressed with AutoTrail and bought a Rapido which was very well made. This time we were very impressed with AutoTrail and have been impressed with their service since.

The good thing about AutoTrail is if you have a problem there is someone on the end of a phone to give you advice, it might not always be what you expect to hear but it will be resolved eventually. Their workshop is geared up for major work so they expect you to go to the dealer for minor and small repairs. When it first opened you could get an appointment very quickly but since then it seems to have become very busy. The parts department have a very good customer order set up where you can place an order over the phone which will be posted directly to your home address, you don't have to go via a dealer.

Caroline, you will enjoy it, we camp at Market Rasen racecourse for the long weekend and are transported to the factory in coaches for most of the day where you are shown round the production lines and see the motorhomes in various stages of manufacture. In the evenings we use the hospitality suite to get together for entertainment and dancing and take along your own drinks for the evening. During the day a team of AutoTrail fitters roam around attending to minor repairs and adjustments. If you want to attend you will need to book early as it was overbooked this year and some people couldn't go. AutoTrail organise a very good raffle which no-one is left out of and a hog roast is laid on. They also sell off some previous model bits and pieces very cheap.

Just for the benefit of any AutoTrail owners out there who may be having problems with their entertainment system cutting out the problem is caused by the Status arial and the head unit both having a booster built in which generates a signal strength that swamps the unit. We had one of the first of the units off the line and discovered this because we have a signal strength meter. Simply turning the gain control to the minimum will solve the problem. I discussed this with AutoTrail who were to their credit both open about the problem and appreciative of our help in tracking down the cause. They tell me that in models leaving the factory now they have solved the problem by simply disabling the gain from the status control box. I might add that before we solved the problem they had or motorhome into the factoriy and fitted a complete new headunit whilst we waited.

Archived