12v 14w SRAM light bulbs

Guest bill h

Guest bill h
This is the 3rd attempt to try and access this message board. After the question is answered here (if it ever is) I shall never try again its crap, its complicated, its time consuming and I don't need that sort of hinderance to a peacefull life thankyou. It is in fact a jungle of clutter, most of which is unneccesary. All is needed is a simple Q & A system. The bulbs are from a Rapido and please don't tell me 14w is wrong 'cos its in the Manual as 14w. Its a small two pin bulb and acts as a parking light in a housing with another larger bulb. The French makers in MAYENNE have decided not to reply and the dealer avoids sending them. Perhaps they are not made any more?? The vehicle is new. bill h

Hi Bill, Do I sence a little frustration?. I agree its not as simple as the original MMM forum and this point has already been made by quite a few including me. But the basic template for this forum I believe is the same as most others and its free to all who wish to join. Perhaps I can help you a little. I suggest you contact Rapido UK Ltd with your problem Rapido UK Ltd Gorrick Luckley Road RG40 3AU Wokingham/Berkshire 01189 791 023 0118.989.1067 rapido@rapidomotorhomes.com Maureen Parker should be able to help you. Hope that helps. Please let this forum know how you got on. All the best Clive

Well Bill, I deliberately looked at current Rapido 9-Series light units when I was in France recently and the bulb you mention looked exactly like the common-or-garden 12V/4W bubs that are fitted in the lights of our VW and in the Cibie lights on my sportscars. By the way, if you put your trust in motorhome manuals (especially French-sourced ones) you're heading for an interesting future!

Nice one Derek, A typo in the French manuele. Whatever next! Regards Clive P.S. Will we see you at Peterborough? We should arrive Friday afternoon as we cannot escape from Basingstoke until about midday Friday. But that might all change! C.

Guest bill h
Thanks guys, I've been in contact with Wokingham with no result although they keep saying one is on order. I've written to MAYENNE with no reply, today I sent a fax so we'll see if anything progresses tomorrow. I'm going to France all May and passing through MAYENNE so with luck I'll call in. I'll make a note of the Rapido contact. Thanks. Pehaps it is all a misprint but the bulb is stamped 14w. I have a wizard electronics friend just down the road I need to see him anyway so I'll take the good bulb along and ask his views. I'm turning into a real grumpy old man these days. Is that what M'Homing does to the old ones. bill h

Guest bill h
I've just emailed Anthony Pfaf at Rapido (not Piaf, sorry ) We'll see what transpires this time. Regarding Wokingham, they do a reasonable job but I do find that there's a lot they could do better. Smiling pleasantly isn't always the key to good service, it may help but accuracy and total honesty is the better. Its a good job many of us are mechanicaly and practicaly minded.

Bill: Contacting French companies is a lottery in my experience, so best of luck e-mailing Rapido - the one and only time I tried it there was a 3 months wait and the information Rapido eventually gave me was wrong. If you want ordinary automotive bulbs then French supermarkets are a good place to buy them, especially E. Leclerc. A pack of 2 x H4 bulbs was around 5 Euros and a pack of 2 x H7 bulbs about 8 Euros. Bulb 'sets' (to meet French traffic law requirements) were also very inexpensive. Clive: Shan't see you at Peterborough I'm afraid, as we don't do UK shows with the motorhome. Might pop into the Warners Malvern event though as it's only just up the road from us.

Archived