Starting to see a lot of new Renault's on the road

Guest pelmetman

Guest pelmetman
Just an observation, but I have rarely noticed the Sevel van being the vehicle of choice of the working man or the delivery firms........But since Renault launched their new van they seem to be everywhere, especially as I sat at the side of the road this afternoon waiting for the AA...........................Water pump, and fan shear'd of with a heck of a bang8-)......and punctured the rad...........8 hours to be relayed home*-).............Oh well, at least I saved half a tank of fuel:D   

Yeah starting to see the odd new Renault van but not to many yet.

I hardly ever see a Sevel delivery van must be at least 80% Merc around hear.

I had a heavy item collected today by city link it was a bloke in a 2011 Transit had a chat about his van he said he had a Merc sprinter until they gave him the new Transit last month.

He had nothing good to say about the Transit and reckoned he couldn't wait to get a Sprinter again

Guest JudgeMental

Adria have introduced it as the top of the range model in one of their coachbuilt lines.

I saw some panel van conversions last year at Dusseldorf show, and it is to narrow IMO for a practical PVC..A real shame *-)

Hello,

Your eyes are not deceiving you!

Since the launch there have been a huge number of the new Renault Master / Vauxhall Movano's put on the road by small and large firms alike. Apart from the novelty of something new to have on fleet, there are a couple of good reasons for the initial take up of these vans.

First is price. The list price for each variant is somewhat lower than the competition and the discount structure is the same whether you buy 1 or 100 vans. This makes them pretty attractive from the outset, and should stabilise the resale values which is always attractive to fleets. The cost of spares was a major concern for us because at least for the first 2 years there will be little or no after-market parts available and would make the day to day costs too high for us and this coupled with a few operational and comfort issues put paid to it for now at least.

Second is equipment. The launch offering to fleets from Renault included air conditioning and sat nav by Tom Tom for free so I guess some fleets that just wanted lots of big vans could not resist!

From what I have seen the Renault and Vauxhalls must be comfortably outselling Mercedes and VW this year.

The revised Iveco Daily is launched on the 19th September and I expect that to be a big seller with the fleets too. 3.0 engine with 205hp anybody? Mmm, thought not.

Nick

I'm always puzzled as to why none of the other manufactures have followed Fiat and made their models wider? :-S

Does this mean that "the industry"(haulage/courier) don't really require the wider vehicle?(..and it's just by luck that the Fiat happens to suit the PVC market?)or is it more to do with the fact that the chassis cab was supposedly designed with MHs in mind and therefore got a wider cab(..resulting in a wider body..) ? :-S

Archived