Whale Aquasourse mains water connector

dutchwoman

We have this water filler for our motorhome (Eldiss are the only ones to have this as far as we have seen?) and the hose has sprung many many holes. We cannot seem to get replacement lay flat hose and Whale cannot (will not) tell us how to get/replace the hose. We are going to have to replace the whole unit at some expense iro £50 and the unit is about 2 years old and not something we want to have to do every couple of years. The water is taken into the onborad tank by the pump. We can't just use a hose.

Can anyone come up with an idea? Thanks

Hi

Why not look into getting the filler replaced with a standard one, you won't have the problem then and can use a normal hose like most motorhome owners do - I've never understood why some manufacturers put the 'pump type' fillers on a motorhome ... a caravan, yes, a motorhome, no.

We have the Whale filling system on our Autosleeper and its an utter waste of time as filling can take forever and you feel a right dick keeping other motorhome owners waiting whilst you are filling up as the input hole is no larger than the thickness of a pencil , so I am considering seeing if it can be changed to the more conventional filling used on most other motorhomes.

The worst thing about the stupid system as far as I'm concerned is that every time you want to add any water you have to move the motorhome to the tap. With a normal filler one can add a little water using a Mk 1 watering can which is much easier and quicker. Makes one wonder why any body came up with this design, why any one would market it and most of all why any motorhome manufacturer would fit it.

Archived