Maxview semitronic problem

scud24

Hi hope someone can help me. On my van that i have purchased I have the maxview semitronic sat dish and control box but i have no instruction guide to set it up with the tv and freesat box that i bought for it,I foolishy thought that it would be simple to get set up and running but i just keep getting "no signal" when the tv and sat box try's to tune in.Could anybody tell me if this is the correct set up

1.I have got the white F socket cable that comes down fron the sat dish connected to the LNB labelled connection on the bottom left of the control box(I did look on the maxiview website but had no joy)

2.I then have a F socket cable connected from the bottom right socket that is labelled "receiver" to the back of the freesat box then the HDMI cable from the Freesat box to the HDTV

3How do you get the signal from the dish to the satellite in the sky(I just pointed it in the rough direction of all the other dishes on my estate...I know thats stupid but the chap who i got it off said thats all you do!)Any help would be gratefulllly received!.Thankyou.

:$

We had a Semitronic on our previous van and had no trouble with it.

As far as No.3 is concerned you need patience. First of all you need the correct elevation (www.dishpointer.com) and then you can point the LNB at 28.2 deg east of south. We used to use dishpointer when we knew approximately where we were going and it was never far out.

When we got a signal we had a piece of paper that we wrote the settings on for that area so that when we returned there we had the co-ordinates.

There is a website called www.satelliteforcaravans.com that explains everything about aligning a dish. You also should be able to go on the Maxview website and print out a map with elevations on it, we did this and then stuck it onto the inside of the wardrobe door.

Hope this helps.

Archived