Microporous Cover repairs

Bernie.Williams

My microporous motorhome cover has got ripped - mainly a single tear about 6ft long, but a 2ft wide section in the centre of the tear, where it got caught around the TV aerial (if that makes sense!). I have tried to use plastic sheeting, stuck on with duck-tape, but this won't hold.

My first question is - is it possible to repair this cover?

secondly, What type of adhesive would be suitable i.e. strong and waterproof (given ducktape doesn't work), and

Thirdly, are there any recommendations for companies that would supply the repair fabric, size to order?

I live in Cheshire, if that helps.

I don't really want to have to buy a new one, so would appreciate any suggestions that anyone might have, to enable repairing my existing one. Thanks, in advance, for any help.

Guest JudgeMental

It may help you if you state make of cover to give us an idea? :-D

call manafacturer and as for a piece of matching material, and either glue or get someone with sewing machine to sew it?

I agree with above. Get in touch with the manufacturer, I am sure they have lots of their covers getting ripped and they do running repairs. If they don't I am sure they will send you a piece of fabric for a small fee so that you can repair it yourself. If you go down the latter route, I think that sewing would be the best idea to fit it together.

Do you or your other half have a sewing machine?

Hi, A few years ago, we had a small hole develop where the wind had caused a rubbed through weak spot We managed to salvage a small patch from an overgenerous seam and used evostick glue to stick the patch over the weakened area (about 2 inch round)

It seemed to hold ok.

tonyg3nwl

ps this was on a caravan cover, and was subsequently sold on when we sold the caravan.

Archived