Ideas for motorhome shows

Brit_Stops

Just spotted this on the website for the NKC Camper Experience motorhome show in Holland next month.

Not sure if some of the ideas would work at all the venues used over here for motorhome shows, but as well as the usual manufacturers, dealers and accessories stands, they are also offering the following to visitors:

Test drives of a range of motorhomes on site

Skid pan practice (in your own motorhome, I believe)

A motorhome "gymkhana" course (again, in your own motorhome, I believe)

Motorhome-related workshops

Test drives of electric bikes

They also have what looks like a competition for the best technical invention for the motorhome (Google translated it a bit weirdly, but seems to have some thing to do with a mad inventor character from Donald Duck cartoons!)

Would love to see some of the above at any of our shows! The easiest thing to set up would be the workshops, led either by MMM staff if a Warners show, or by invited trades people. Maybe things like how to change your bulbs to LEDs, fitting reversing cameras, preparing for winter, etc. It only needs a quick browse of this forum to find lots of subjects for workshops!

Steve

How about an obsticle course for mobility scooters or mobility scooter races or a competition as to how many dogs you can bring to a show in a motorhome there seems to be a trend for a lot of showgoers you only have to go to the Peterborough show to see the mobility / canine epidemics.

kelly58 - 2011-09-18 11:04 PMHow about an obsticle course for mobility scooters or mobility scooter races or a competition as to how many dogs you can bring to a show in a motorhome there seems to be a trend for a lot of showgoers you only have to go to the Peterborough show to see the mobility / canine epidemics.

Ouch!   Do I detect the grinding of a large axe?

I think workshops or events featuring mobility scooters and dogs are both actually good ideas.

In the same way that you can test your skills driving your motorhome in a "gymkhana" event, you could do the same on a mobility scooter. It might even be interesting to see how those who are not mobility impaired fare against the scooter owners...

As for dogs, how about a grooming parlour in a small marquee? Or a workshop on dog training? Or how about a skills competition?

I'm sure dog owners and mobility scooter owners could think of other things they'd like to see at a motorhome show.

BTW, when I say "gymkhana" I don't necessarily mean the ones where cars use "drifting", handbrake turns and the like - just straightforward manoeuvres that are legal on the road!

And of course I'm not suggesting all the above ideas should feature at a show. But the odd new feature now and then could enhance the show for many, attract more visitors, and be of practical assistance to motorhome owners / drivers.

Steve

(of course an axe-grinding workshop is another option...)

Great scope for a Computer / Mobile game here....the player has to navigate himself across a field against the clock, whilst avoiding careering motorised scooters, and sidestepping piles of dog deposits. If you're not quick enough, you get floored by the 112db Generators firing directly at you .... ;-)

Sounds too daft to me, surely nobody would really do that............ oh, hang on though......... ;)

Archived