What is special on the Truma Vs Ordinary Gas Regulator

mike 202

tonyishuk - 2011-09-28 7:22 PM

You mean I have more to worry about ? :D

rgds

Ooh..I don't know!? :-S What with the risk of our regulators failing and our gas systems getting clogged up with "gunk"...our incorrectly inflated(.."over age"!) tyres,threatening to kill us during every rotation...and the possiblity of rain creeping in through every unchecked seam,turning our pride and joys into worthless mush...it's a wonder how we sleep at night,isn't it? (lol) (lol)

Keithl - 2011-09-28 8:02 PM

tonyishuk - 2011-09-28 7:22 PM

You mean I have more to worry about ? :D

rgds

So fit a Gaslow Stainless Steel hose and stop worrying ;-)

The snag with the last statement is that Truma has denied (quite recently) that neither fitting metal-centre hoses nor following the guidelines that the regulator be fitted well above the gas-bottle and in a specific orientation will guarantee there will be no LPG-related problems with the appliances further down the line. As I understand it, Gaslow's 5-year guarantee relates solely to regulator failure, not to appliance problems.

I refer you to the final posting on the following thread:

http://www.motorhomefacts.com/forum-printtopic-1-93132-0-0-asc-viewresult-1.html

If - as is surely the most logical view - the problem lies not with the regulator itself but with the gas, then fitting a bomb-proof regulator in an optimum position and using hoses that can't 'plasticise', will only provide partial protection.

Leisure-vehicle regulator and gas-appliance problems have been rife in France for as long as I've been motorcaravanning (since 1998) and the latest attempt to prevent them has been to fit a filter at the gas-bottle. An example is shown on

http://www.leader-loisirs.com/filtre-borel-p-1958.html?osCsid=f53f9de781ea81ab334fba1ab837d22f

The important thing really is not that a relatively inexpensive regulator fails - which may be a damned nuisance but shouldn't be hard to replace - but that an expensive heater or fridge stops working because 'muck' has clogged up one of its components and rectifying the fault needs half the motorhome to be dismantled.

Archived