water leak in roof

terry1956

hi, wonder if anyone as any ideas of how to find a water leak. in heavy rain water leaks into my hymer B544. so much so that there is a little hole in the celling. I have been on the roof and resealed all the edges of the metal sheets and around the rear sky lights, yet it still leaks.

anyone have any ideas how to find this leak without taking the whole van apart. michael

Hi Michael

Where abouts is this leak/hole. Is it at the front of your motorhome, at the back in the centre, by a heki?

Do you have a satellite dish or solar panel?

If its at the front, could it be the top of your windscreen that requires resealing?

I think a bit more information is needed so that the chaps can help you.

hi, the leak as formed a small hole in the celling about two foot from the rear centre sky light towards the front of the hymer in a centre position. I have checked the sky light area by removing the item and all is dry and good, i resealed the area just to make good. above the roof the only fittings are the sky lights, both the one in the centre at the rear and the large one also in the centre and the smaller one in the WC area. apart from that are the alloy foot plates. I have resealed all around the foot plates and inbeween them as needed. just can,t work it out.

did have the idea of waiting for a few dry days so roof etc bone dry and pumping some water with dye in it from the inside, ie in the hole and seeing in what position it came out from on the roof. a bit hit and miss but don,t know what else to try. michael

hi, the leak as formed a small hole in the celling about two foot from the rear centre sky light towards the front of the hymer in a centre position. I have checked the sky light area by removing the item and all is dry and good, i resealed the area just to make good. above the roof the only fittings are the sky lights, both the one in the centre at the rear and the large one also in the centre and the smaller one in the WC area. apart from that are the alloy foot plates. I have resealed all around the foot plates and inbeween them as needed. just can,t work it out.

did have the idea of waiting for a few dry days so roof etc bone dry and pumping some water with dye in it from the inside, ie in the hole and seeing in what position it came out from on the roof. a bit hit and miss but don,t know what else to try. michael

Archived