Electroblock noisy ?

Zyroman

hi everyone, the last couple of times I have been away in the Van I noticed a noise coming from the underfloor locker housing the Eblock. I had never heard this before so had a closer look, it seems like a fan might be running within the Eblock which I have never noticed before in 8 months of ownership. The van was on a hook up at the time and to be honest, like a fool I did not think to disconnect and see if the sound was still their. I have heard numerous horror stories of expensive repairs and just wondered if it is on its way out?

We have a Schaudt Electroblok fitted in our Adria Twin. I can’t say that I’ve noticed any noise from it whether on hook-up or not.

If yours is faulty it’s possible to have it repaired by the manufacturer, in Germany,see

http://www.motorhomefacts.com/ftoptitle-54560-problem-with-elektroblock-ebl-4106-in-1999-hymer-524.html

Also if your search this site or Google you will find many references to the Schaudt Electroblok, although I don’t recall mention of one being noisy.

If you find a answer I, and probably others would be interested.

Cattwg :-D

Archived