Harrison Awning

mumpa

Does anyone know how I can obtain a copy of the instruction leaflet for a Harrison High Top Deluxe Awning which has an annexe. I've managed to work out where some of the poles should be but others are a bit of a mystery. There is what appears to be a tensioner section but the 'c' clips don't fit any of the other tubes. I also have two 'extra' poles and have no idea where they go.To be honest I don't know, without said drawings, whether I have all the necessary bits!

I've tried 'phoning S.T.Harrison but to no avail. The number I have, so I'm told by a recorded message, does not accept incoming calls.

I don't have the awning to which you refer but looking back we had a Harrison caravan porch awning and the contact details on the information pack is as follows. Not sure what number you have used but the details we have are

0117 9558423

Fax: 01179 350415

E-mail mail@harrisonawnings.co.uk

Hope that helps.

Bas

Have a look on here, not sure if it'll help:

http://www.canvaslove.co.uk/#/help-advice/4545193149

We used to have a drive away steel framed awning many years ago and from what I can remember, there should be:

2 front legs:

2 longer rear legs (a bit longer than the front ones)

2 horizontal cross-bars (which go from side to side and may have metal loop tensioners on)

2 horizontal 'front to back' bars

2 'stubby' bars with metal loop tensioners on that go in the front end of the horizontal side poles and then are slotted into the pockets in the small front 'canopy' part of the awning material and tension the whole thing.

As for the annexe, I would imagine it either zips in, if it is a 'proper' one for the awning, or if it is one of the Universal ones (usually a single colour, often grey), it is attached with straps and has it's own poles:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UNIVERSAL-ANNEXE-bLUE-dIAMOND-AWNING-ePSOM-eASTBOURNE-/230674803454?pt=UK_Campervan_Caravan_Accessories&hash=item35b54a2afe

The only thing I would add to Mels Post and the page of instructions link.

Our tent has an additional pole (not shown in the diagram) which connects the rear top pole running alongside the m/home to the front top pole. The additional pole has nylon clips on it at each end,

The additional pole acts as a middle support to the roof, and runs from the mid point of th rear pole to th mid point of the front pole.

Useful for hanging stuff from !

There may also be a pole which connectsbetween two legs, allowing the open flap / door(s) to be half unzipped and half folded over the pole to make the tent secure if you have small dogs or large children (or a mixture of both) whilst having fresh air comming in over the openning.

Rgds

Thanks for that folks.

Unfortunately the telephone number is the same one I have but will certainly try the e-mail address.

The other suggestions make a lot of sense when I look at the poles again Particularly as the annexe is a 'proper' one.

Tried having a go at fitting it this weekend but found all your help was confounded by the awning having a bigger cord bead than the fixing to my van!!!

Wanted to say something rude but had two grandchildren with us and of course I am far too polite!

Archived