Bailey Ugly

Colin Leake

Guest pelmetman
crinklystarfish - 2011-10-12 8:56 PMSplendid, new vacuous depths.
Yep............................ when Plato discovered the vacuum he found me there(lol) 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Totally agree with the original post. I have been at the NEC over the weekend and I can honestly say that in my opinion, the British manufacturers have missed the boat. All the new ideas seem to be coming from the foreign van manufacturers of coach built vans.

The new Swift Bolero was disapointing. Its a two berth van but It has two wardrobes and a huge washroom. They would have been better off using the extra space to extend the kitchen a bit and moving the door further aft to extend the near side single bed so as you don't have to use the cab seat as part of the bed.

Most of the foreigners have adopted the drop down bed idea which is a briliant way of utilising space.

The Burstner Ixeo Time 585 has a huge kitchen and fair sized lounge diner which is comfortable. All this on a sub 6m van.

Chausson excelled with new ideas and innovation. Again drop down beds allowed the living area to work better in a shorter van. Likewise with Rapido.

Is it that the Brits are too stuck in their traditional caravan style layouts?

Bill

We went to the NEC on Thursday and managed to have a look around all 3 offerings by Bailey. The salesman was saying that they have opted for quality and no rattles. I thought it was a shame that they penny pinched and didn't include a blind on the washroom skylight. As I get up early in the morning to use the loo, this would wake me up too much to get back to sleep.

The rest of the motorhome was very ordinary and nothing really special. On the 2 berth one, you need to use an extension if you make up the beds as singles as they are not long enough on their own. I didn't like the step well right by the cooker either, I would prefer to see a whole floor and an electric step but the door would not then be tall enough. All in all, I think it was a disappointing effort by Bailey who had the chance to be a UK leader.

I guess there will always be someone who ordered one, but not me.

Archived