Overnight stop near Dunkirk

Mardee

Hi,

Here are two to be going on with. I’m sure others will recommend different aires in the area.

GRAND FORT PHILIPPE (Nord-Pas de Calais)

In the main square on Boulevard de la République which is on and parallel with the W side of the harbour. About 14 miles E of Calais and 20miles W of Dunkerque. Free parking , no facilities. Open all year. A nice location looking over the water. We used this aire last year.

BERGUES

J16 off the A25 then about 200yds on the RHS.

16 miles E of Dunkerque and 32 miles E of Calais. Free parking only. Open all year. Services are available at Camping Verdun for €5 - take shortcut (a couple of miles or so) through the town centre towards Hondschoote.

Quite a lot of the old town walls are still intact and make for an interesting walk – leaflet from the TIC in the bell tower on the town square. We used this aire two years ago.

It is also quite feasible to use the DFDS (Norfolk Line) ticket office car park. We won’t be arriving in Dunkerque until 2200 and that’s what we are going to do. We have done this before – when both arriving and leaving.

Cattwg :-D

There is an Aire at Gravelines " Rue Du Port " just outside Dunkirk I believe there is a new service point there now ,or if you want a quiet stopover there is nice parking not far from St Omer at Arques " Rue Michelet " to the rear of the municiple campsite for 2e with an Aire Services also @ 2e roughly 25 miles from Dunkirk. There is also a Carrefour in Arques if you need some cheap diesel.

Hi.

If your looking for an aire close to Dunkirque, i can recommend Gravelines (50.987347,2.122782) its 10 mins from the ferry , overlooking a small marina , and the town is a 5 minuite walk away , plenty of shops to get bread booze etc. if you want to dump water etc this is near also plus its a free overnight stop , and very safe ,we stopped there last month on our way to and from the south of France .enjoy your trip .

(lol)

Archived