Split charging

sandya

Hi Guys and Girls can anyone make any suggestions for my problem.I have just fitted a new engine battery and also a bridging cable from solar panel to battery [ Clives diagram]to my Pilote Aventura P650 [2006] I now find leisure battery not charging from engine,have checked all fuses on shauldt electroblock B269 and relevent connections. does anyone know if split charging relay is within the elektroblock,I think I may be missing something silly so any suggestions would be helpful

Regards Sandy

Have you tried removing this battery link you have added to see if battery then charges. Also can you give some more clues as to what Clive's diagram is please. The Split charging is taken care of by the Electroblock and I believe also the solar charging to both batteries. Hence why I am concerned what this bridging cable is you have added. If this link is making the eletroblock think the leisure battrey is fully charged because of where it is connected to, then it wil not supply charge from the alternator to the leisure battery.

edit - my usual typos!!

OK doky, have found the cct diagram for an electrobloc and imagine youirs is similar. The solar panel connection only charges the leisure battery so clears this up in my last post.

The circuit for charging the leisure battery from teh alternator is a standard relay circuit using D+ from the alternator to control the relay and, yes, it is inside the electrobloc. The cct diagram is in teh operation manual you should have but probably do not.

http://www.acpasion.net/foro/archivosadjuntos/obelix/manuales/Schaudt_Electroblock_EBL208_SE_Ingles.pdf

So hard to see why you have a problem unless the relay has failed by pure coincidence or you have disturbed a connection and maybe not reconnected something.

I am not keen on Clive's fuse bridge and having to remember to disconnect it, yes a good idea and fuse will blow if left in and engine started. I prefer a 60 Watt head lamp bulb in a box along with fuse and switch. Start engine without switching off and the bulb illuminates. It's off resistance is quite low so you can still trickle charge the engine battery.

Brambles - 2011-09-23 7:27 PM

........So hard to see why you have a problem unless the relay has failed by pure coincidence or you have disturbed a connection and maybe not reconnected something. ..............

Ah well, I was pretty close. Glad you have it all working now.

Jon.

Archived