odd switches?

4cls

I have an Avondale 4cls on a Fiat swb base, {did they use longer chassis], my problem is a switch on the side of the drivers seat, switch it on and a red light glows, What does the switch activate? The dealer here in the west country I purchased the vehicle from cannot help. Is there some one out there who knows.

I honestly do not know what the switch is for and if original or not. I suspect a previous owner has added it. I suggest you pull off the seat box front and rear panels/covers and have a look where wires go. Possible suggestion for what it might be for are as follows.

Isolate leisure battery when parked up for long periods of no use.

Connect leisure battery to engine battery so engine battery charges when on hook up. ...might be associated with some Battery to Battery charger unit.

Connect leisure battery to cab radio to keep it awake.

Power some other add on equipment such as a reverse camera or a better suggestion would be an Invertor for giving 240 volts. Is there a 13Amp socket near by an invertor could be supplying?

so as suggested take a look at wiring an see where it goes if you can, how heavy are the cables to the switch and all might become clear. By the way, welcome to the Forums, and am sure if someone knows the answer or has better suggestions then they will post.

Hi 4cls

I sent you a PM (private message) but see it is still in my outbox unviewed.

I then realised you are new to the forum & may not be aware of this function or how it works.

You should have received an e-mail from the forum notifing you there is a message.

If you go to the "Welcome" box - right side immediately above the posts it should show "inbox (1)"

Click on that then scroll down to the message.

If you have any problems post on this thread & I will keep checking.

Archived