Bessacar E425 Table repair/replace

Mrs Sea

My colleague at work has a Bessacar E425 motorhome 06 plate. She loaned it to the in-laws for a weekend and they put a disposble BBQ on the table and burned an area of the surface. She is clearly upset (and won't be loaning it to them again) but is looking for ideas on how to repair or replace it.

It is a free standing table with legs that fold down for stowage. It is a creamy colour with brown marble finish with medium brown wood surround. Size 50cm x 90cm. Clearly it needs to match the kitchen worktop area so needs to be the real thing. I think Bessacar quoted around £300 for one. The in-laws aren't amused and not likely to pay. I suggested they claim on their house insurance or on my colleagues insurance and pay her any resulting 'losses/increased premium' etc.

Any other suggestions? My husband looked at replacing the formica top but because of the moulding around the edge, this isn't possible even if he found matching coloured formica. Anyone know of 2nd hand dealers with such things for sale?

Many thanks for any ideas.

It's a bit hit and miss looking for such items, but O'Leary's are always a good place to try for Swift Group stuff, as they've tended to buy up their spare stock of old parts.

http://www.olearymotorhomes.co.uk

Their premises are a veritable Aladdin's cave, with all sorts of stuff (particularly furniture) which is never detailed on their website.

They're pretty knowledgeable about what went into which 'van, so it might be worth giving them a ring on the offchance.

Other possibilities, depending on your location

www.wyvernleisure.co.uk (Shepton Mallet)

www.charlesandson.co.uk (Poole)

www.magnummotorhomes.co.uk (Grimsby)

www.caktanks.co.uk (Kennilworth)

www.thecaravanshop.co.uk (Glasgow)

www.leisureshopdirect.com (Ilfracombe)

www.waudbys.co.uk (Hull)

www.riverswayleisure.co.uk (Preston)

www.autovan.co.uk (Wimborne)

www.obrienscamping.co.uk (Andover)

Thanks for all your suggestions. Unfortunately the Ebay searches don't have a table that will match the kitchen worktop etc - I shall keep looking though. I will try phoning oleary motorhomes on my next day off but have emailed them meantime (no reply yet). Finally, we are both based in Scotland and have already approached our local dealers with no success, other than suggest direct through Bessacar. Are there Motorhome breakers yards that sell such things per chance?

Thanks one and all.

Archived