Mercedes air con

hymer1942

Morning all, My aircon is working fine exept the aux. fan is not coming on as it should. I have checked the fan it is working ok when power is put to it, there is just no power feed to the Fan, I have checked all obvious fuses, fine. Has anyone had this problem and if so can you help with the solution. I am dreading having to go to a Main agent after my last experience. Thanks in advance. Barrie

Hi, with something simple like this (as opposed to needing full diagnostics) would it be a good idea to take it to a decent auto electrician for a look? It wouldn't cost you much and he might even be able to fix it there and then......

I had an AC failure on the Ducato and instead of taking it all the way back to the main agent, the local repair shop had a look and diagnosed the problem. Knowing the problem cost me a tenner in their drink fund and then got it fixed under warranty without the need to drive all the way to the main agent twice. Only went once as I emailed the pictures to the garage. Appreciate that my problem was more obvious, though.

Barrie, your aircon should work on manual or automatic. When you want the aircon to work do you turn the temperature down as low as possible or are you leaving at ambient? Turning it down as low as possible should activate the fan if you set the system to windscreen and face. If you have had it on manual, once you turn the engine off then back on the system should revert to automatic and the fan should come on. A couple of months ago I had my cars aircon system serviced, it cost £80 and I thought it was money well spent as I wasn't sure if it working properly but it was. My cars aircon works automatically and is on all the time unless I turn it off. If you still have the problem it could be a faulty thermo coupling or one of the relay cans that active the fan.

Hi Roland, I have the Temp switch at the lowest level and the system works fine, but the fan does not come on and it should the moment I switch on in the cab. It worked fine in france all but 2 days when the temp. was 37 and 36 and then I assume because the fan was not working at all the system got to hot and shut down. Barrie.

Archived