Pub Stopover

KD1

I have just booked my Ferry Crossing from Dover-Calais. As I intend to have a leisurely run up to Dover from West Wales, can any ot you recommend a pub to have a normal Bar type meal and overnight stay just off the M25, south of London ie around Guilford or anywhere really, as we do not need to get to Dover till early afternoon. Many thanks.

Guest Chloe MMM

Hi forum users,

The November issue of MMM is actually a European travel special and is packed with info about where to stay around ferry ports etc.

It'll be in the shops on October 20.

Why not just stop on Marine Parade at Dover? You're literally a minute or two from the port and can even watch the ferries coming and going. You may have to pay a modest parking charge up to 6.00 p.m. or thereabouts but after that you can stay all night free of charge.

Many members seem to use this spot and I learned about it on here myself. It's quite quiet and could not be more convenient.

Once you are settled you have the whole of the town of Dover from which to choose a suitable restaurant and someone mentioned that there's a very nice fish and chip shop very close if you prefer to dine in.

Archived