Tuscany for summer 2012

Guest JudgeMental

Guest JudgeMental
Syd - 2012-08-27 5:28 PM

On your way home call around into Spain as we will be there from 12 September, would like to meet up again

This has got us thinking and might be an idea to do as you say, then fly home from Spain for a few weeks leaving the van there...some further thought required!lol

Syd will u emil me as I don't have your emil address on my blackberry....

• 3 weeks later...
Guest JudgeMental

made it back yesterday after our 6 week tour. It was a great trip, Tuscany stunning but we were there during a heatwave (40 deg C +) so sightseeing/cycling restricted to early morning and evenings... afternoons spent around pool relaxing and reading. The intention was to use aires/Sostas sometimes to keep costs down, but it was far to hot for that! so had to fork out for campsites with shade and pools etc... for most of trip

high points and there where many included, San Gimignano, Sienna and Assisi. but Tuscany is sensory overkill and such a beautiful area

ferry to Split Croatia and weather had then cooled down a bit, so much more pleasant. wonderful sea swimming in crystal clear waters...... Stayed on small island outside Trogir (north of Split) very nice area and wonderful cycling, then trundled up the coast and ended up on Rab island which was also a highlight. end of this leg of trip was Plitvicka national park which is stunning and well worth a visit, Krka national park was OK but not as good.. one night in Austria, one in Germany, and last at Gravelines and home...the pay machine at Gravelines nearly defeated me but a Belgian women helped me out.

really came to appreciate the smaller camper on this touring holiday, came unstuck quite a few times due to stupidly following the sat nag, and the ability to park in normal car parks a Godsend.

will do a proper report with pics when I get sorted out..and get over the shock of returning home! :-D

Archived