Waste outlet extension.

CPeachey

My Tribute 05 (550 type) van has the waste outlet underneath the van and I need to connect an extension to it to reach the drain at home. (To save crawling around underneath!)

The outlet is 60mm in diameter. I need to reduce this to connect a hose 40mm diameter (or a 75mm hose)

CAK tanks have lots of hoses and fittings but nothing in 60mm. Any suggestions as to how I can connect up to the 60mm outlet please?

Chris

Sorry, I made the classic mistake of not reading your thread properly and missed the 60mm size and I don't think Sink Plungers come that small.

However I will leave the tip for others who may wish to extend a waste outlet.

I solved this on a previous van using a Sink plunger from Homebase.

The plunger fitted over the outlet very snugly and was secured in place with a large clip (wire would work). The handle was removed a hole drilled and pipe attached.

Worked well for me until I sold the van. I did send a photo in to the mag but it was never published, at the time I wasn't on the forum otherwise I would have loaded it as a tip.

Guest pelmetman

A tip for people who have the old style plastic tap;-) which screws into the end of the waste hose and is secured with a jubilee clip.

When staying on pitches with drainage I take of the tap and push a length of pipe over the tank pipe, and put the other end in the drain............Its works well...........and in France, where they don't seem to bother so much about grey water:D
I connect up my hose and put the tap on the end and place it behind my offside back wheel set to dribble(lol)  

For just draining down at home,do you really need to actually FIX a pipe to the outlet?..I just use an old 5L plastic turps' container,with the one side cut,to act as a funnel..and I've just taped a long length of 40mm(ish) plastic pipe to what would've been the original spout....and I can just slide this under the van,with the one end of the pipe over the drain.

(..I suppose a proper plastic "mechanics" drain-tray would be a more professional item though..*-) )

(..the one "problem" we had with ours,was that you couldn't actually see the waste outlet..which made positioning over Mh drain points on sites awkward...but luckily I was binning our old washing machine and the large rubber hoses and clips,attached to the drum,fit the outlet spot on...so now with 4-5" of flex rubber hose visible,it gives us something to aim with.....)

CPeachey - 2011-10-02 10:20 PM

My Tribute 05 (550 type) van has the waste outlet underneath the van and I need to connect an extension to it to reach the drain at home. (To save crawling around underneath!)

The outlet is 60mm in diameter. I need to reduce this to connect a hose 40mm diameter (or a 75mm hose)

CAK tanks have lots of hoses and fittings but nothing in 60mm. Any suggestions as to how I can connect up to the 60mm outlet please?

Chris

Hi

Not sure if yours is the same as mine but I had a similar situation and I had to pull a slide key from the back of the van to release waste in the middle by the rear axle- a real pain and difficult to line up over motorhome service points/aires etc-is yours like this?

If so, what I did was take the complete slide off and the outlet from the waste tank was actually 40mm so I got a 90deg bend and some 40mm plastic pipe from B&Q, screwed it to the tank with self tappers and silcone sealant and ran the 40mm pipe to the side of the van where I fitted a tap also from B&Q. On the other side of the tap I fastened another corner pipe and I can now turn the tap on and drop the waste directly over any grid or service point.

Maybe you could do something similar to your van as it is same age as mine

Mike

Archived