Door Speakers

Caddies104

We have an Autotrail Apache which comes with the drop down TV between the cab seats. The speakers are in the cab doors which work fine, but when sitting down at night, cab searts turned round for extra space and sound just right for our hearing we find it is just as loud outside as in... I assume the sound vibrates through the skin of the doors...

As anyone ever experienced this as we were disturbed by a nice french lady one night saying,( I assume by her motions with her hands to her ear) TOO LOUD..

The van comes with only speakers in the front doors and in the rear bedroom, nothing in the lounge..

Is there anyway around it!!

Derek & Pauline

Hi. This is a problem when on sites with door mounted speakers. If you remove the door trim you may be able to fit some sound insulation between the back of the speaker and the door skin. Remember though that water runs through the door from the window. Any insulation that you fit has to be protected from this, and not block the water flow.

Brian B.

Caddies104 - 2011-10-03 5:43 PM

We have an Autotrail Apache which comes with the drop down TV between the cab seats. The speakers are in the cab doors which work fine, but when sitting down at night, cab searts turned round for extra space and sound just right for our hearing we find it is just as loud outside as in... I assume the sound vibrates through the skin of the doors...

As anyone ever experienced this as we were disturbed by a nice french lady one night saying,( I assume by her motions with her hands to her ear) TOO LOUD..

The van comes with only speakers in the front doors and in the rear bedroom, nothing in the lounge..

Is there anyway around it!!

Derek & Pauline

Hi

If your TV has a connection for Audio Headphones, you can buy a set of portable speakers and connect them through this point. The main speakers will then become immobilised as the TV will think you are listening through headphones. If the connection is not exactly correct, Maplins sell adaptors quite cheaply.

Alternatively, you can just move the existing speakers from the doors and relocate in the habitation area

Mike

Hi,

Dynamat is the stuff you need.

You need to remove door trim panels, then stick this stuff onto the door and replace panels over the top. This will help reflect the sound back in to the van and stop some much noise leaking out.

It will also improve the quality of the sound inside the vehicle.

I have just fitted it in my 2006 Autocruise Sarasota to good effect, although it is a bit on the fiddly side to fit properly - you need 2-3hours.

It is quite expensive though... I bought the extreme door kit which was enough to do both front doors on the Van, and it was about £70.

Good luck

Is this TV screeen wired through the Audio/Radio for the sound? If so, you should be able to adjust the balance so that more volume is in the second set of speakers.

I have the reverse problem, in that there is a stand-alone TV with the usual 'rubbish' speakers - yes worse than provided by Fiat in the doors or the van manufacturer in the rear,and often it would be nicer to have the TV sound through these.I am sure i could use the 'aux' input on the radio for this,and then I could also adjust treble/bass, but the cable wold need to go half way round the motorhome, and I don;t think could be hidden!

Anyone done this??

Like Keith never had a problem with the door speakers as I too adjust the sound so it is biased towards the rear speakers (front speakers with seats swivelled). The sub-woofer under the bed does however tend to upset the neighbours & gives the wife a vibrating massage if she goes to bed early. (lol)

Thanks for all the replies, lots of suggestions. Cannot move door speakers as they are wired for the radio as well. Yes I can transfer some, or all, of the sound to the rear speakers which are in the rear bedroom, not sure how noisy they would be on there own.

Not sure why they never put speakers in the lounge area, which is one of my questions to Auto trail at the NEC this week (?)

Thanks again

Archived