Cam belt and full service costs OUCH!!

richyp

Just got the first response from ( Chester)1 of 4 garages for a full service and cam belt change on my IVECO Daily 35 2.3 diesel Autocruise Colt. £180 service £230 cam belt plus VAT. Not much change out of £500 for than one. Waiting for main dealer and BT Fleet Chester and another independant in Northwich.

Good job I've saved a bit of pocket money. If anyone has used a firm close to Chester for this and had good service I'd like to hear from you.

Guest pelmetman

Just paid £3818-)....8-)..........99 works Transit.

For a new fan + belts, front assembly (Second hand), new Radiator, and he replaced the cam belt at the same time as he'd had to strip everything down......................Bloody expensive branch I drove over, as apparently that what caused me to be relayed home by the AA as was evident by the remains of it stuck in the rad..........6 hours on the back of a lowloader8-) 

Guest pelmetman
Had some friends to stay last weekend and he has a VW Golf which needs the cambelt changed every 30,000 miles8-)................Is it me8-0.......or are vehicle manufacturers designing in nice earners?:D

Archived