3 TREAD MOTORHOME STEPS

SAXON

Many thanks to all the people who gave me advice back in April as a possible Newbie . I am now the proud owner of a Bessacar e425. But a problem has appeared after a few months, My wife is finding it difficult to access/exit the M/H due to my folding steps being too steep and I am looking for advice as to where I can find a 3 tread steps with a tread height of no more than 190 mm.Please can anyone help

SAXON - 2011-10-07 5:58 PM

Many thanks to all the people who gave me advice back in April as a possible Newbie . I am now the proud owner of a Bessacar e425. But a problem has appeared after a few months, My wife is finding it difficult to access/exit the M/H due to my folding steps being too steep and I am looking for advice as to where I can find a 3 tread steps with a tread height of no more than 190 mm.Please can anyone help

Hi Iain

I have a problem accessing our van, not so much on the folding step(, only sometimes) but into the cab, just a bit high , as I have a doddgy knee. We carry two plastic stools, of different height. The smaller one , we have drillled a hole in the top, and inserted a piece of rope. I stand on this one foot and then can get into the cab, then pull on the string and lift into cab, reversing to get out You can buy these stools in cheap shops. I have looked for a three step , like you are asking, but have not found one of suitable height, caravan ones don 't seem to be the right size, and can also be heavy, and awkward to store.

PS they take my weight, and I am no twiggy

PJay

Archived