Touring for longer than 30 days

Jono

Hi

we are hoping to go away in the van for up to 3 months at a time but finding an insurance company that will

quote for Home and Contents is proving a problem. I have used go compare and confused but can still only find 1 or 2 that will quote. Can anyone recommend a company?

cheers

Jono

Hi Jono

If you are a member the Caravan Club do Home Insurance

"The Club's home insurance policy provides Members with top quality cover at a very affordable price.

Call the team for a quote on:

0800 0284 815

Club home insurance provides the following benefits:

Full cover for up to 90 days when you're away from home - many policies exclude cover when your home is unoccupied for over 30 days"

Mickt - 2011-10-09 9:45 PM

Try the CCC if you are a member , you can be away for up to 180 days at a time

Yep that's who we are with, been with them for several years too, just got my renewal for this year, £420 , unlimited rebuild cover, unlimited contents cover, bikes , goods away from home etc etc, you get what you pay for., no fancy needs for alarms etc, only drain water off in winter or leave heating on to prevent freezing.

You need to read the small print and find out exactly what the company means by "unoccupied" for 30/60/90 days or whatever. I asume you have someone who house sits for you when you are away or has a key, even if it's just to remove the junk mail from the floor below the letter box.

It would be unwise to leave a property totally unattended for any extended period as a long term water leak could have serious consequences.

H

Archived