Changes to the LEZ charges.

WildBill

stantheman - 2011-10-19 7:06 PM Don't think that my 2001 registered 3.5 tonne Ducato will be compliant after Jan next year. However, last year I applied for an Umwelt sticker to travel through Germany. It is yellow and has a big number 3 printed on it. Does this mean it's Euro 3 compliant. I suspect not!

According to this it does :-)  German Highway code for Brits

stantheman - 2011-10-19 6:06 PM

Don't think that my 2001 registered 3.5 tonne Ducato will be compliant after Jan next year.

However, last year I applied for an Umwelt sticker to travel through Germany. It is yellow and has a big number 3 printed on it.

Does this mean it's Euro 3 compliant. I suspect not!

....well, it should do, but as various authorities are using different criteria for assessing compliance, there is a chance it won't be.

All (LCV) vehicles registered from 01.01.02 had to be Euro III compliant, which is why the LEZ uses that cut-off for an absolute decision.

However, all new LCV type approvals (totally new vehicle designs) after 01.01.01 (a year earlier) had to be Euro III compliant, and of course, in anticipation of the total ban, many existing-design vehicles registered before 01.01.02 were already fitted with Euro III compliant engines.

Indeed, I can find on the web at least some mention of the fact, for instance, that all JTD engines fitted to the Ducato were Euro III compliant from the point of change to that (JTD) technology (i.e. before 01.01.02).

There is little doubt, however, that by default TfL will consider you non-compliant. If you should wish to enter the LEZ, it would be worthwhile consulting with Fiat, getting some documentary evidence as to the emissions class, and registering your vehicle with TfL.

AIUI, a significant number of vehicle types of all makes which fall foul of the registration date deadline, are in fact compliant, and can be registered as so on appeal.

Archived