It's drain-down time!

Robinhood

I tend to groan slightly when people post such reminders, but the first (unforcasted) frost of the year caught me unawares last week (luckily, it wasn't a deep one).

The forecast for this week (at least for here) is showing temperatures dropping to freezing overnight, so the 'van will be fully drained down by tonight (even though we are scheduled to be away in it at the weekend).

Others may wish to take note.

Marquis did my habitation check a couple of weeks ago and they completeley drained my system down as part of the service. The seat cushions are in the spare bedroom so as not to get damp , so it looks like the MH is in hibernation while I concentrate on a bit of casual lorry driving to help fund next years trips abroad.

I drained ours' down this evening(..I was a bit suprised how nippy it was this morning! :-S )

We'll still be using the the van through the winter but as it'll only be for weekends,we'll probably just be using a plastic water container(..along with a squirty bottle to flush the loo! ;-) ) ...

Yes, did mine yesterday, taps are open and boiler is drained. Will reverse the procedure next week for a long weekend away and then do it all over again after that!

Just debating whether to drive up the lane to clear the dregs from the Fresh tank which still shows 25% full. Okay, so despite levellers, van is not 100% level on our sloping drive!

Went up to storage site and drained ours yesterday. However as our storage pitch has a decided list towards the driver's side, will need to go back and drive it out of its pitch onto a slope towards passenger side, as that's the side it drains off to. Waste water already drained before we set off home on Monday, after the NEC. Might use it for accommodation when we go to a Dinner Dance on Saturday 30 miles away, but will use water containers rather than refilling the tank.

marydot

Archived