Clifford Alarms

John S

My pal has taken my advice ( after all he had to give up tent camping some time) and joined the fraternity of motorhome owners. He is looking into the question of having an alarm fitted and has received details of a Clifford 650 alarm. My advice to him has been to make very sure that the system is suitable for a van conversion with a sliding side door, rear door and 2 cab doors. I had a Van Bitz fitted some 6 years ago with which I am fully satisfied and don't like the thought of someone spending a good deal of money on something only really suitable for a car. Any user experience of the Clifford alarms out there? How about nocturnal perambulations ? Can you leave the doors protected at night whilst being free to move about inside? Any advice gratefully received John S

Use this forum's search facility on 'alarms'. There has been a major thread on this issue during the last month. In summary, your friend needs an alarm that is Thatcham approved for commercial vehicles (which is what a van conversion and most motohomes are built on). An approved car alarm will not suffice. The most widely installed motorhome system is Van Bitz and their service, in my view, is excellent.

Archived