Dometic RM7271L Fridge Problem on 240v

jenkothewanderer

Hi everyone my fridge has suddenly stopped working on 240v.

12v & gas operation are fine, when I switch to 240v there is is no green light and the heat exchanger remains cold. I have checked the fridge fuse in the motorhome fuse box which is OK .

My manual is fairly basic and of no further help. I have googled and found similar models have a circuit board which are protected by a 3 & 5 amp fuse can anyone confirm this and if so how do I get at it.

Other diagnosis could also be faulty heating element or thermostat , before I take it to the service engineer if anyone can help it would be appreciated.

I am a Yorkshire Man and pretty handy and don't like parting with cash unless inevitable.

Thanks in anticipation !!!!

Which model of fridge/freezer do you have?

With the RM 7*** series proceed as follows.

Remove the lower outside grill to get access to the wiring. The connection from the heating element to the wiring is usually covered with black rubber sheathing. (looks a bit like a cycle inner tube) You should be able to feel the connection inside this sheathing.

Remove the sheathing and connect a multi meter to the connections. With the mains turned on you should get a reading of 230/240 volts on the meter. Be careful not to short anything out. If you get a reading then the problem is the heating element. No reading then the problem is elsewhere.

New elements are around £45.00

Archived