Fiat Headlamp protector's

limerick

Hi I wonder if anyone could tell me where I could get headlamp protector's for a '05 Fiat Ducato in Ireland.I want to adjust the light's for driving in France and understand it's not a good idea to put tape on the plastic light cover's .Also the cover's are clear with no marking's as were on the old type glass headlamp's so I don't know what part of the lamp to blank off rgds limerick

Hi- try www. formula 4x4.co.uk I bought mine off them and nowhere as expensive as Fiat or Peugeot. They fit a treat and come with etched marks for blanking out, although I use clear beambenders for better light transmission. I would think there should be no problem posting to where you live. Regards Chas

I agree it is not a good idea to stick tape or deflectors on the original plastic lense. It causes microcracking of the plastic from the additional localised heat built up. Lense protectors are also a good idea to protect the lenses as replacement light units are certainy not cheap.

8-) Try Peugeot dealer. They can get them in 48 hours £38 with blanking area marked and black patch included. Covers whole lamp inc indicator lens. Same part is good for FIAT and Citroen. Buying the poper part ensures it will fit AND not fall off or break when you close bonnet. ;-)

A good tip for masking is to use white tape rather thanh black. Available from any electrical shop, it: - creates much less heat build-up than black tape or patches - masks the bright light but still allows the whole headlamp to appear lit avoiding that odd appearance to oncoming vehicles, especially on side lights.

On my peugoet pucka protectors I found I could easily remove the masking patches for reuse. Did it after I left the light on to warm it up a bit and came of easily an put back on backing paper. We will see this summer if they restick successfully. Incidently they are black ink printed on a white backing film. Vinyl I think.

If the Citroen Relay is the same as your van (2002 onwards) there's a brand new set of headlight proectors on their for £17.99 plus £5.00 P&P at the moment - just cut and paste the following item number into the search: 4627978662

Hi Chas I got on to Formula 4x4 site and found the one I was looking for £35.70.I will ring them tomorrow to see how soon they can get them to Ireland. Thank's for your advice and to all who went to the trouble of responding to this thread rgds limerick ps. will let ye know how I get on

• 2 weeks later...

Archived