Discover Leisure Fallout

longtemps

Personally wouldnt deal with them from previous experience, alhtough to be fair they down[t have any outlsets where we are...but I seem to remember reading recently they have closed Swindon, and are themspeves back to 3 outlets only....looks like the smaller independant ones will be the most likely to survive.

Have to say for all the motorhomes we have bought we've always dealt with the latter, and have received great service from all of them.

When large companies go bust, the influx of cheap MH's sold off by the administrators can cause problems.

Brownhills are not stocking anywhere near as many as they used too.

Hymers contract for sole agency ends soon, so new and better MH dealers can hopefully keep customers happy. And yes I have first hand experience of them and a Family business ( Hayes ) what a difference.

So watch this space ".. B..............s gone bust

Guest Peter James

Its a well known fact that people in Britain are buying a lot less new motorhomes, presumably because of the economic circumstances. So its not surprising there are unsold RHD ones lying around.

Brownhills have sensibly downsized from 6 outlets to 3, so should be OK I hope. They have always been alright with me.

Peter James - 2011-10-24 11:41 PM

Brownhills have sensibly downsized from 6 outlets to 3, so should be OK I hope. They have always been alright with me.

Sensible to to You ! maybye. They were also always 'alright' with me too, at least my Nearest branch at Swindon were. I bought from there just a year ago. BUT now they are over 250 miles away (newark), So, their closeure, left me with virtually no support or servicing facilities AND with NO notice, lettter of apology, nothing. Would I buy from them again . Not on your life. They are unlikely to be opening a 'new' branch anywhere near me anyway. No more 'Multi-Branch' 'we are the Biggest' Dealers for me in future, I will stick as local as possible. *-) Ray

Archived