Aires v camp sites

rupert123

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest 1footinthegrave

You are right of course,my own view is it's part of the human condition, in fact I'd qualify that and say part of the male human condition primarily. If as I do you read other forums it astonishes me the kind of comments dished around. I recently made a post on a TV discussion forum and was accused of being a brain dead moron for taking an opposing view, not that they merely disapproved of my choice of "greatest TV dramas".

Facebook use is I believe another source of feuds and unrestrained outpourings of anger from what I read.

I think the anonymous nature of the internet allows for things to be said that would probably end up in a severe punch on the nose if said face to face, I'd probably get a few of those from some on here, so I must try harder to be kinder to my fellow man / woman.

Gwendolyn - 2011-11-15 9:39 AM

...Can anyone explain to me why this topic gives rise to so much vitriol?...

...Why???? I am puzzled by this. Why do some care so much what others do, or don’t do?...

These are the joys of the Virtual World.

It's highly unlikely that the few forum members who appear to 'hate' each other on-line would be equally rude and aggressive if they were conversing face-to-face. In fact, because they all seem to have a black-or-white view of life, they might get on very well together in a real-world social environment.

It also needs questionning how many of the protagonists in an intense forum argument really do "care so much what others do..." At least some will be participating for their own amusement and couldn't care less whether the views they express are embraced or derided.

Don't take it to heart - motorhome forums aren't important.

malc d - 2011-11-15 10:11 AM

Well I for one would like to see Gwendolyn barred from making any more contributions to this thread because she is far too sensible and moderate.

:-(

I consider myself duly censored!! [Can't get the hang of these yellow face things; exclamation marks will have to do!]

Gwendolyn - 2011-11-15 10:25 AM

pkc - 2011-11-15 9:53 AM

Why on earth would anyone want to drag a white box around the country?

I Can't believe it!

Neither can I! Why would anyone choose WHITE box - ours is cream.

Oh no !

This could start a colour argument now !!!

(lol)

Gwendolyn - 2011-11-15 10:21 AM

...Can't get the hang of these yellow face things...

First thing to do is to tick the "Enable emoticons" box towards the bottom of the 'Posting a reply...' screen.

Then click on the yellow-face thing you want to use. This causes the 'emoticon' to go on the end of whatever text you've already typed and you can then copy/cut-and-paste it elsewhere in the text or drag it to where you want it to go. You'll be able to see the effect of what you've done if you preview your reply before submitting it.

(There may well be a better way to use emoticons than I've described, but that's what I do :$ ) :-| B-)

Derek Uzzell - 2011-11-15 10:58 AM

Gwendolyn - 2011-11-15 10:21 AM

...Can't get the hang of these yellow face things...

First thing to do is to tick the "Enable emoticons" box towards the bottom of the 'Posting a reply...' screen.

Then click on the yellow-face thing you want to use. This causes the 'emoticon' to go on the end of whatever text you've already typed and you can then copy/cut-and-paste it elsewhere in the text or drag it to where you want it to go. You'll be able to see the effect of what you've done if you preview your reply before submitting it.

(There may well be a better way to use emoticons than I've described, but that's what I do :$ ) :-| B-)

But, naturally, we don't all agree on what they all mean.

:-D :'( 8-) (!)

"But, naturally, we don't all agree on what they all mean."

(>) Park here, the dentist is just over there.

:$ I'm not looking forward to this at all.

B-) >:-) Wow! check out the receptionist.

8-) Jeeze! look at the size of that hypodermic needle!!

(^) Oh God, it's going to come out of the top of my head.

;-) How wong wwheel the numberness last?

:D do I look better with my new dentures in,

:-> or out?

Archived